Monday, November 24, 2014

Back to Programming!

I'm slowly learning my way back to Python - a simple, intuitive programming language, which, unlike Turbo Pascal (and, to a lesser degree, QBASIC) with which I learned to program in my childhood (mid-1990's), is very forgiving and easy to write, and the code is very readable. Sure, the basic toolkit does not compile to EXE files (though py2exe can do that), but this is a great way to learn how to script, and, as I hear, a very useful language in the industry. My main reason for trying to learn it is for various role-playing-game-related generator scripts (like the one I wrote for Classic Traveller world-generation a while ago), it might prove useful in the profession I'm currently studying, Information Librarian/Information Management/Competitive Business Intelligence.

So here I am, learning how to program once again, with Python. Wish me good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment